Monday, March 19, 2012

A Garden Full Of Surprises

 

These pics were taken in parents backyard. It was a perfect sunny day and it gave me the chance to wear these shorts that I DIY'd a while ago. They were bermuda shorts and I thought that by making them shorter they would look better. I think they came out pretty good, if I do say so myself!
 
In regards to the colors, I was feeling sort of fall-ish so I went for the darker clothing. It's amazing how your mood correlates with choosing your clothing. Take myself for example; when I'm feeling happy, I opt for brighter colors and when I'm feeling down, I opt for darker colors. However, I usually lean more towards darker colors even though I'm not feeling down. I think it has to do with my high school rocker days, when black was the only color I would wear. Oh how I miss those care-free days when wearing a towel on your head as a turban was seen as funny and fashion forward. Yep...I did that and NO I'm not saying anything more about it!
 
Cacoon Sweater: Urban Outfitters
Polka Dot Button-Up: Ross
DIY Cuffed Shorts: Marshall's
Floral Scarf: H&M
Belt, Necklace: Forever 21
Restricted Leather Boots: DSW
Backpack: Thrifted

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fall colour combos are one of my favorites...this is a super cute outfit!

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

Veronika Novotny said...

Looks like such a pretty day, yay for glorious sunshine. And you look adorable love how you've styled this shorts look!! xo

Veronika Novotny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.