Monday, November 21, 2011

Black Velvet If You Please

So to stay up to trend with today's fashion driven world, I decided to indulge myself in thrifting a whole lot of velvet pieces. This floral, velvety top being one of them. I actually like how it came together with this outfit. It gave it a fancier look.

I'm not too happy with how much I paid for it, but I just had to have  it! I mean not only are the flowers velvety black, but the collar and trim are also velvet! How much more awesome can this get?! But to have paid 14.00 for a consigned item was WAY too expensive!

Oh well, at least it's pretty and I love the way it looks. I also decided to add some burgundy socks to pull together the flowers on my cardigan. I was sort of going for a dark romantic look. Turned out good, right?! So are any of you indulging yourselves in this season's Velvet trend? If so, what pieces did you acquire?



Floral Cardigan:  Forever 21 (twelvebytwelve)
Floral Velvet Button-up: Thrifted 
Black Tank: Target
Skinny Jeans: Macy's
Socks: Target
Suede Mocs: Mervyn's (RIP)
Ring: Forever 21

No comments: